We have been successfully meeting the needs of our clients since 1995.
Our people provide innovative solutions to challenging situations. Our solutions have helped us earn a reputation as the creative problem solvers company. We embrace value-engineering which identifies opportunities at every stage of project development to reduce cost without sacrificing functionality or long term performance..
We are a team-oriented engineering and solutions firm where everyone lends their skills and expertise to develop the best outcome for each new challenge. We’re a group of like-minded, enthusiastic and extremely well-trained individuals committed to living and working in northern BC. We raise our families here and have a vested interest in the economic development and diversification of northern BC.
Our Vision Statement
Quality, efficiency and creativity, tailored perfectly for each client, every time.
Our Mission Statement
Thoughtful engineering, crafted by professionals, guided by quality and integrity, working in a fulfilling and engaging environment.
Safety – Moral and Ethical Responsibility
- We ensure a safe, healthy work environment and a ‘no one gets hurt’ culture.
- As professionals working in the engineering profession, we have an ethical obligation to hold paramount the safety, health, and welfare of the public, the protection of the environment, and promote health and safety within the workplace.
Teamwork – The Whole is more than the Sum of its Parts
- We support our team members in ‘owning’ their projects.
- We believe that the best results are achieved through collaboration within, and outside, Scouten Engineering.
- We embrace mutual respect, free and easy communication and the recognition of both conventional and unconventional talents.
Quality – Continually Improving – Never Complacent
- Striving to do it right, the first time, every time.
- Never afraid to be critical of our own work.
- It is okay to make mistakes. Our quality management systems are there to catch them before they head out the door.
- If we do make a mistake, we make damn sure we learn from it.
- Every day is a school day.
People – Our People are Scouten Engineering
- We invest in our employees as partners in the success of the company.
- Nurturing the raw talent in our people is an important part of our success.
- We recognise true, lasting success can only be achieved through a healthy work-life balance.
- We hire people based on a rich combination of ability, qualifications, experience and resonance with our company culture.
Environment – Stewardship – Commitment to Sustainability
- Instill the attitude of ‘leaving something in as good or better condition than we find it’.
- We are committed to balancing the sustainability of the company, the local community and the environment.